Colonel Ken Kuebler
Colonel Kenneth P. “Ken” Kuebler is currently serving as the Program Executive Officer (PEO) for Fixed Wing Programs, HQ US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), MacDill AFB, FL. He is responsible for developing, producing, testing, modifying, fielding, and supporting Special Operations Forces (SOF)-unique fixed wing aircraft and sub-systems, equating to over 100 programs and projects worth $1.7 billion in 2017. SOF aviation capabilities include AC-130 and MC-130 variants, MQ-1C, MQ-9, CV-22, U-28, MC-12, C-145, C-146, other remotely piloted vehicles and precision guided munitions.
Colonel Kuebler received his commission from the United States Air Force Officer Training School in July 1998 as a distinguished graduate. He has held a number of Air Force space and weapon system acquisition and operational positions, and positions on wing, Air Staff, Headquarters U.S. Special Operations Command, and the Joint Staff staffs.
Prior to his current assignment, Col Kuebler excelled as the Director of the Air Force Portfolio Division at the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) in Crystal City, Virginia. He is the Air Force’s advocate and single point-of entry into the DCMA Enterprise covering more than 48,000 contracts, 43 Air Force Acquisition Category I & II Programs valued at more than $2 trillion supporting Total Life Cycle Systems Management. Colonel Kuebler leads and coordinates the flow of information between the DCMA Enterprise and Senior Officials within the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Service Acquisition Executives, Program Executive Offices, Designated Acquisition Officials, and Program Managers.
Colonel Kuebler served as the Program Management Branch Chief, Environment Operations Division, Deputy Directorate Joint Training, Joint Force Development Directorate (J7), the Joint Staff, in Suffolk, Virginia. He was responsible for developing and executing Joint Staff training policy, modeling and simulation integration, Foreign Military Sales support, and the execution of contracts totaling more than $660 million. Other previous assignments include Materiel Leader, Small Diameter Bomb II, Armament Directorate, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida and Program Manager for Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Special Operations Research and Development Center, Headquarters U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Florida.
1993 Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, University of Florida, Gainesville FL
2003 Master of Business Administration, Georgia College and State University, Milledgeville GA
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base AL
2008 Air Command and Staff College (correspondence), Maxwell Air Force Base AL 2010 Legislative Fellowship, Washington D.C.
2017 Master of Science in National Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Ft McNair, Washington D.C.
1. July 1998 – July 1999, B-2 Engines Contract Manager, Propulsion Development System Office, Wright Patterson AFB OH
2. July 1999 – July 2001, C/KC-135 Avionics Project Officer, Mobility Program Office, Wright Patterson AFB OH
3. July 2001 – May 2003, C-130 Avionics Program Manager, C-130 Program Office, Robins AFB GA
4. May 2003 – May 2004, Chief, Director’s Action Group, C-130 Program Office, Robins AFB GA
5. May 2004 – July 2004, Space and Missile Operations Student, Vandenberg AFB CA
6. July 2004 – October 2005, Delta II Mission Assurance Flight Commander, 2nd Launch Support Squadron, Vandenberg AFB CA
7. October 2005 – July 2006, Programs and Training Flight Commander, 30th Launch Support Squadron, Vandenberg AFB CA
8. July 2006 – July 2007, Executive Officer to the Wing Commander, 30th Space Wing, Vandenberg AFB CA
9. August 2007 – July 2009, Chief, Advanced Weapons Branch for Air Force Special Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington D.C.
10. August 2009 – December 2010, Air Force Legislative Fellow, Washington D.C.
11. January 2011 – May 2013, Special Operations Forces Systems Acquisition Manager, Headquarters U.S. Special Operation Command, MacDill AFB FL
12. May 2013 – June 2014, Director, Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Headquarters U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB FL
13. June 2014 – July 2016, Material Leader, Small Diameter Bomb II Branch, Miniature Munitions Division, Armament
Directorate, Eglin AFB FL
14. July 2016 – June 2017, Student, Eisenhower School, National Defense University, Ft McNair, Washington D.C.
15. June 2017 – July 2019, Chief, Program Management Branch, Joint Staff (J7), Suffolk VA
16. July 2019 – July 2020, Director, Air Force Portfolio Division, Headquarters Defense Contract Management Agency, Crystal City VA
17. July 2020 – Present, Program Executive Officer, Fixed-Wing, Special Operations Forces, Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Headquarters, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, FL
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. January 2011 – May 2013, Special Operations Forces Systems Acquisition Manager, Headquarters U.S. Special Operation Command, MacDill AFB FL, as a major
2. May 2013 – June 2014, Director, Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Headquarters U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB FL, as a major and lieutenant colonel
3. June 2017 – July 2019, Chief, Program Management Branch, Joint Staff (J7), Suffolk VA, as a lieutenant colonel
4. July 2019 – July 2020, Director, Air Force Portfolio Division, Headquarters Defense Contract Management Agency, Crystal City VA, as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Meal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 12, 1998
First Lieutenant June 12, 2000
Captain June 12, 2002
Major March 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 2013
Colonel August 1, 2019